Fundamentals Assignment 2
- Music Fundamentals Assignment 1
- Basic understanding of solfege.
- Basic understanding of transposition.
Review the following document from our course materials:
- [Basic Submission Instructions](/sound-design/daw-instructions/basic-submission-instructions/)
- Learn to identify melodies using solfege in treble clef.
- Learn to transpose melodies in treble clef among three keys (C,F,G).
- Keyboard performance and orientation development.
- Aural melodic recognition development.
- Exchange scores with a classmate from assignment 1 without revealing the title of the piece. You will later have to guess the name of this song.
- Open this score in a notation editor such as https://www.noteflight.com/
- Learn to perform this melody with a midi controler by reading and listening to the score you have created. Be ready to perform this melody for your classmates.
- In a seperate text document identify the key of the song and list all the pitches in order of occurance as solfege syllables.
- Guess the name of this song.
- Create a new score in a notation editor such as https://www.noteflight.com/.
- Using the traspose function create a version of this song in a different key such as C Major, F Major, or G Major.
- Learn to perform this melody in this key with a midi controler by reading and listening to the score you have created. Be ready to perform this melody for your classmates.
- When you are finished, submit your text document and the transposed score.
- As always, save a backup copy on your personal storage media.