Lab Assignment 8
Plugins and Advanced Mixing
- Practice with Plugins as inserts
- Practice with routing and use of plugins on a submix/bus
- Practice with routing and use of plugins on an aux send
All of the steps below can be done in an existing project (e.g. your Final Project rough draft) or a new, simple project using anything from prepackaged loops to newly recorded MIDI parts. Regardless of where you start, please ensure that your song/project has the title “YourFirstNameYourLastName-Lab8”.
- Create an Insert = Provide at least one example of a track with a plugin applied as an insert. Chose a plugin appropriate for this signal flow - e.g. EQ, distortion, etc.
- Create a submix = Provide at least one example of two or more tracks submixed to a bus channel.
A submix is created when the output of multiple channels are sent to a bus track rather than the main outs.
Once you have a submix set up, apply a plugin on the bus channel appropriate for this signal flow - e.g. EQ, compression, etc.
- Create an aux send = Provide at least one example of one or more tracks sent to a bus or FX channel using aux sends. Apply a plugin to the bus/FX channel appropriate for this type of signal flow - e.g. reverb, delay, etc.
- When you are finished, submit your project using the procedure in the Basic Submission Instructions document.
- As always, save a backup copy on your personal storage media.